Sunday, July 24, 2011

Why blog and some struggles

Well I've never written in a blog before.  I have a good friend who showed me his for running and it inspired me to make one for tennis and life and everything.  I love God and writing and tennis so why not? I don't know exactly what I'm going to end up blogging about or if I'll even have time to post much anyways, but I figured its worth a try.

I just started writing about a tennis tournament I played in this weekend, but I don't think that is what I want to focus on, so I deleted it.

You know what has been on my mind a lot lately is devotions and quiet time and prayer.  It is one of my biggest struggles.  I don't know why it is that I seem to put everything else before my time with God, but it is so frustrating.  I think it is probably one of my weaknesses Satan knows about and tries to exploit.  I grew up Catholic so spending time in the Word and praying doesn't come as second nature for me unfortunately.  I thought maybe if I posted things I've studied and read, it would help me be more consistent.  I have such a passion for God and His Word and growing closer to Him, I just get so frustrated that I let myself be so easily distracted.  So I am going to try that this week and we will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment